About Me

My photo
I am a recently retired high school educator who is learning to spend time doing what I want to do. This is a new challenge in its own sense. It's like walking into a buffet and knowing you can eat all you want and not get full or gain any weight and for once you have absolutely no idea what you want. But I look forward to the journey of figuring it out.

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Dear Grandchild, This Is Me

Today has been a very blogful day.  There are often times when I go weeks even months between installments. But I have recently received so many incredible books as a part of  the Waterbrook Multnomah Launch teams that I can't wait to share them with everyone!  I'm voraciously reading which is true joy!

The latest book I have read is a beautiful gift for families.  The book is titled, Dear Grandchild, This is Me. A Gift of Stories, Wisdom, and Off-the-Record Tales, published by Waterbrook and Multnomah.  I received an advanced reader's copy of   Dear Grandchild, This is Me. A Gift of Stories, Wisdom, and Off-the-Record Tales from Waterbrook & Multnomah as a member of the Launch Team for an honest review.

The charming book is a guided writing activity for grandparents to record memories and geneology for their families.  There are so many things that I love about this book that I don't know where to begin.
Some of the features listed from the Waterbrook & Multnomah website are:
  *  Built-in envelopes to stash special, private letters for specific occasions in your grandchild's         future.
  *  A sheet of adhesive photo corners to adhere photographs and special memories throughout. 
  *  Off-the-record questions to prompt fun stories.
  *  A family tree to track your ancestry.
  *  Space to share your favorite recipes, or those passed through the generations. 
  *  A world map to showcase your travels.
I have shown this book to many friends and family and there has been a general consensus that not only are the pages and artwork wonderfully designed and drawn but the inclusion of the envelopes for special notes is truly unique as they are accompanied with prompts for the note writing. Dear Grandchild, This is Me is such an exceptional way to pass on family stories and create a superb legacy for the family.


I may not have any grandchildren as of yet, but I am excited to work on filling it out for future generations to enjoy and learn more about me.  I encourage every grandparent to check out this marvelous book. 



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47HyT1WTR10&feature=youtu.be

#Waterbrook&Multnomah
#DearGrandchildThisIsMe

No comments:

Post a Comment