About Me

My photo
I am a recently retired high school educator who is learning to spend time doing what I want to do. This is a new challenge in its own sense. It's like walking into a buffet and knowing you can eat all you want and not get full or gain any weight and for once you have absolutely no idea what you want. But I look forward to the journey of figuring it out.

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Love Has A Name

 Adam Webber has written a gem, a truly stirring book that hits the stores today! Love Has A Name, published by Penguin Randomhouse, is one of the best pieces of inspirational literature that I have experienced in quite a long time.

Love Has A Name, Learning to Love the Different, the Difficult, & Everyone Else is just what we all need when it seems so many changes in the world make us want to seethe with frustration.  I know that I have felt less patient with many in my life when usually I am very tolerant.  I was excited to become part of the launch team for this book for an honest review.  

I think what attracted me to the book, besides the title, was the format that it is written.  In lieu of simply writing the book as a devotional or instruction book, quoting scripture and preaching through the lessons, Webber approaches the book through the use of personal accounts.  He breaks the book into three major parts.  Part 1 is Some People Who Have Loved Me. Part 2 is Some People I'm Learning to Love. Part 3 is Your Name. Within each part are many chapters telling a different person's story and how Christ works His good through them.  

I love meeting people, so getting to know so many unique individuals through the book was a true joy for me.  I soaked up God's love and grace through the stories without feeling like I was having scripture drummed into me.  Instead it simply flowed through me and lit my heart.

I am privileged to recommend Webber's book, Love Has A Name and hope that you, reader, find as much fulfillment from it as I have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment