About Me

My photo
I am a recently retired high school educator who is learning to spend time doing what I want to do. This is a new challenge in its own sense. It's like walking into a buffet and knowing you can eat all you want and not get full or gain any weight and for once you have absolutely no idea what you want. But I look forward to the journey of figuring it out.

Friday, December 12, 2014

A Guide to Life's Little Challenges, "Furry Logic"

I’m not going to lie, I am more than a little bit excited to post this blog. I have been waiting anxiously for the mail to deliver my first book to review for a new endeavor and yesterday it arrived! Just in time for Christmas gift giving and inspiration to remember that life’s little challenges, as the book tells on its cover, can be dealt with best with a bit of “Furry Logic.”
It’s only logical, a classic concept, is given a new twist in the 10th anniversary edition of “Furry Logic,” written by Jane Seabrook.  “Furry Logic” shares humorous and every day insights paired with illustrations of animals at their comical best. “Furry Logic” has been an enjoyable read for many years, and this edition is no exception. One thing that I enjoy about the book is that  it never fails to coax the reader into smiling and enjoying the sayings and illustrations. One that I really enjoy is the sleeping cat that states, “It might look like I’m doing nothing, but at a cellular level I’m really quite busy.” I love that the short saying with the picture is not only clever but has a tinge of sassy too.  
I highly recommend reading Seabrook’s book as a brief mental vacation during your jam packed holiday schedule. If you enjoy if as much as I did, purchase “Furry Logic” and  pass it along to family and friends.

1 comment: