There are many things I do not like about this time of year! September in Kansas. The Kansas heat....we are in a string of over 100 degree days. Today it was actually a record breaking 104 degrees! Then we add the bloom factor....RAGWEED! If one is allergic to ragweed, and I am, then this too is at the top of the scale for pollen counts. But, there is a happy event in Kansas during September, it is sunflower field season!
One of my favorite things to do is to visit our local sunflower field in Buhler Kansas. I try to go each year. Sunflowers are just so darn cheerful! As an added joy, this field also plants a vast amount of zinnias, such a fun flower that thrives in our dry Kansas heat as well as the sunflowers. This year I visited the field with my husband. As we walked through the trails, I was touched by lessons I saw amongst the blooms. It was as if the flowers were teaching me a new way to look at the world around me, and I wanted to share a few of their lessons with you dear readers.
When everyone else is being negative, looking at the adverse side of events, keep your head up and face the sun! There's something to look forward to if you just keep trying.
Sunflowers don't care what color they are, they are happy to bloom right next to each other! This one is a double wise picture because if you look real close at these flowers you will find another hidden gem...
When you have a goal in mind, head for it full steam ahead! Like this busy bee, he has a destination and is barreling forward to complete his task.
These sunflowers look like they are wearing a full length dress, I love the way their leaves cascade to the ground like a ballgown. I looked at them and thought, one doesn't need anything fancy to be elegant. Just stand tall and be yourself. Finally, even in adversity you can bloom and shine! It has been over 100 degrees for days on end, no rain, dry as can be yet these lovely flowers stand tall and turn their heads toward the sun. As should we all!
Find your sun and shine!
#Sunflowers #BuhlerKansas #Sunflowerfield #wisdom #Kansas
No comments:
Post a Comment