About Me

My photo
I am a recently retired high school educator who is learning to spend time doing what I want to do. This is a new challenge in its own sense. It's like walking into a buffet and knowing you can eat all you want and not get full or gain any weight and for once you have absolutely no idea what you want. But I look forward to the journey of figuring it out.

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Connection: This explains a lot if you know me....

 No Call Me Maude tonight, instead I have another subject on my mind.  

If you are my friend or family member, then you have probably received a random text from me over the years.  It's a love text.  Out of the blue.  Simply because you are an important part of my universe.   

I spoke with a friend recently, and told her that I do this.  That many people probably think I'm crazy.  I, out of the blue sky, text and start a conversation.  I eventually tell them how much they mean to me. Thankfully, she said its okay.  =)

  I have lots of thoughts about why I do this.  One major reason I feel is because I experienced loss at such a young age.  A cousin of mine, just two years younger than I was died from brain cancer.  We were close.  We played together when at family events.  It was so hard.  My first experience with mortality, with someone near my age. That in itself is life altering.  

From that time on I have felt that it is important to tell others how I feel.  I live in a bubble that tells me, life is uncertain.  It can change at any moment. And if it does, someone may never know how important they were in my life.  So I vow to always tell them.

I think if I were made a super hero, my power would be a heart that radiates love and concern for others.  I used to think this was a curse.  Because I wanted to take care of and fix all that I saw in my world as an injustice or detriment  to another person.  But I'm getting older.  Now I see it as a calling more than a roadblock.  

I spend more time thinking, about the past and present.  I remember and acknowledge those who are important or have been important to me.  I find them online if I don't already have their contact information and I make contact again.  I revel in becoming reacquainted.  Just because they are amazing people who I remember I loved dearly during my life.  I make time to be with them.  I plan time together, send virtual hugs and messages of encouragement.  I do my utmost best to let those I love know how I feel.  Just in case....in case there is no tomorrow.  

So, if you get a text or a late night facebook message from me, I hope you feel joy.  I pray you know that you are such an important part of my life and heart that I am thinking and praying for you. I am loving you and just have to share the joy that you bring to my world.  It  could be New Years Eve, or after a night together at bunko, or even just because I thought of you from church. It could be that you are  my  child, or an aunt, uncle or cousin.  It could be you were my friend in the past and I miss the closeness we once shared. Life and people change.  Whatever the circumstance, I am sincere and reach out because I care about you.

Hugs to all those in my world.  I hope you read this, know I am talking about you, and that you will always be my world.  💗




3 comments:

  1. Love you, Laura—-and miss you at the Y and water ex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! I'm enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 💗 U too!

    ReplyDelete